Single Person Discount

If you are the only adult (person aged 18 years or over) living in your household then you can apply for a single person discount which will reduce your council tax charge by 25%.

Tell us if you have always lived alone or if ALL other adult members of your household have moved out, as you could then be entitled to a single person discount.

Also tell us if someone has moved in with you and you are currently receiving a single person discount as it may no longer apply.

Please provide as much information as possible as this will help us to complete the process as quickly as possible.

Fields marked with * are mandatory. You will need your council tax account reference to complete this form. This can be found on your latest bill.

"WARNING: If you knowingly provide false information to obtain a single person discount .You may be prosecuted under the Fraud Act."
"If you are granted the discount, but cease to be entitled to it (eg. someone else moves into the dwelling), you must inform the Council within 21 days. Failure to do this could result in a penalty being imposed on you."

Data Protection

Tower Hamlets Council is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and will manage the personal information collected on this form for the purposes of delivering its services to you.

Your information may be shared internally and with external partners purely for these purposes and will not be shared with any other organisations unless required to do so by law or for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and/or fraud. We may contact you using the details you provide, in connection with this form and the information you supply.

Your personal information will only be retained for as long as is necessary and you may request a copy of the information we hold about you.